The Safety of our Pupils, Parents, and Staff is our number one priority
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and are in contact with various regulators and health authorities to ensure that we adhere to all regulations and are proactive in our measures to prevent the spreading of the virus.
Sanitizing and Disinfecting of the Academy
The cleanliness and sanitation of the Academy are of utmost importance to us, for both our pupils as well as our staff members.
Over and above our classrooms, bathrooms, etc. being cleaned and disinfected daily, we have further intensified our cleaning protocols as well as increased our focus on high-frequency touchpoints such as door handles, bathroom taps, waste-bins, etc. In addition, our cleaning team has undergone further extensive training, to ensure that proper sanitization and cleansing protocols are in place and are adhered to at all times.
Increased focus on Personal Hygiene
We have heightened hygiene protocols and awareness drills, with stringent measures in place to amplify focus on personal hygiene which includes:
- Sanitization booths/ tunnels – have been permanently placed at all entrances leading into the Academy. All personnel entering the Academy premises walk through the booths, which provide a gentle mist spray, killing germs and therefore minimizing the risk of the virus being transferred via clothing or bags brought in from outside the premises. The chemicals used in the booths are safe and are environmentally friendly.
- Thermometers – every morning upon arrival at the Academy, all staff and pupils are required to have their temperature taken. Thermometers provide an effective way to measure one’s temperature and detect a fever, which is one of the symptoms of COVID-19. All temperature readings are documented along with a questionnaire that each pupil and staff member are required to complete each morning, which is then filed for record purposes.
- Wearing of Face Masks – all personnel and pupils are required to wear face masks as per the Government regulations. To ensure the highest standards are maintained at all times, the Academy has purchased quality face masks. Each staff member and pupil has been issued with two face masks.
- Hand Sanitization dispensers – pupils and teachers are to sanitize their hands using the hand sanitization dispensers that have been placed at the entrance of each classroom, as well as at the entrances to the bathrooms and administrative building. The dispensers are fitted with a foot pedal, which when pushed down dispenses the hand sanitizer, eliminating cross-contamination and thus reducing the spread of germs.
- Increased overall awareness and training – all staff have undergone training to ensure that all protocols and policies are adhered to at all times. Posters and various signage are displayed throughout the Academy to ensure heightened awareness of personal hygiene and to encourage increased hygiene practices such as frequently washing one’s hands.
- Social Distancing – in addition to the above, the Academy adheres to Social Distancing practices both within the classrooms as well as on the fields.